Olivia means May of 2016! (Finally)… Actually, she created this draft at the beginning of the year, and I didn’t know it was there until today. It has been a really busy year, but please rewind read on to see what we’ve accomplished…
Here it is… FINALLY! 2016 is here. I always love the new year. Mostly because I like to see all the new things coming out. Like the new American Girl Girl of the year dolls. Because we don’t have enough with the 785 we have… (Maybe that’s the only new thing I want to see…) Anyway 2016 is also the year we get a new president. Not looking good for that right now, either. I also graduate from 5th grade and start 6th grade this year. Not ready. Not ready. I also want to start gymnastics this year. And, I want to start being organized and proactive… My New Years resolution is to get the lead in a play. DONE. Narrator AND Goose in Charlotte’s Web! My other resolution is to post on this blog more often. Let’s be honest, you might have a better chance if you do this on your own! This year I’m also going to save my money for Lea Clark, the girl of the year for American Girl. Because everybody needs 786 American Girl dolls… I really hope this year is going to be awesome! Crazy thing is that it already is!
– Liv & Julie
Yay! Another movie review. Wow I thought we wouldn’t make another one of these….That’s because I don’t have the patience to sit through a movie unless it stars Daniel Craig… Speaking of Daniel Craig, check out these movie posters. They are hilarious.
Anyway I’m just gonna START with the cookies. Hello…you shouldn’t give away the movie rating this early in a review! Now, now one has to read any further… I’m going to give it 5 out of 5 cookies. I’m saving my rating for the end of the post to entice our readers to read more. It was an adorable movie. She’s right. Totes adorbs.
The only part that I didn’t really like was when Snoopy had all his action scenes. Of course she doesn’t like the nostalgic part of Snoopy as the Flying Ace vs. The Red Baron. Kids these days… You know the flying scenes. I always thought it was interesting that Snoopy’s dog house doubled as a plane… Anyways it was kind of boring. But, it was also a love story. Snoopy and Fifi forever. ❤
The rest of the movie was great though! 😊 It really, really was! It was super funny and the characters were perfect. Especially the Little Red-Haired Girl, Pig Pen, and Frieda, the girl with naturally curly hair! They were almost exactly like the ones in the comics. Except they were in a movie, and it was totally fun to watch.
Overall it was a great movie! It was funny, sweet, and full of great life lessons. Best of all, in true Julie and Olivia fashion, we both cried. I officially agree with O and give it 5 out of 5 cookies. Next up for me, Spectre…
It has been seven months. Seven months since what you ask? Seven months since we have posted. In case you have forgotten, Julie’s words are in ORANGE (Go SU) and Olivia’s are regular (because we are trying not to influence her college choices so early in her life)! Here are the reasons why it has taken us seven long months to formulate a creative and amazing blog post. Well one reason is because we are lazy. True that! Also it’s because we are super busy and have forgotten to post in seven months. Uh-huh! Anyway here’s the rundown of everything that’s happened in the past seven months.
- First, mom got a new job at the San Antonio Chamber of Commerce. Since I am in charge of Image and Communications, I must make sure everyone understands that I work for the oldest and largest chamber in the great city of San Antonio.
- Secondly, I’ve been super busy with moving theaters and all that stuff. Really? What stuff?
- We also went on vacation to Albany, New York. It was a wonderful trip, and I’m not going to complain about how it took us 10 hours to fly from San Antonio to Albany. I think if we had rented wings, we could have flown there faster ourselves. But, check out this selfie of us on the plane at 1 a.m. after eight hours of being on a plane.
- Dad and Evan (my little brother) went to Alabama for constraint therapy for his right arm. We missed them alot.
- Overnight camp (which I’m never going to again) No comment. Not going to tell you I told you so.
- We’ve also had four birthday parties (one of which involved girls AND boys), Halloween, school 😦 Really? A sad face from the girl who used to cry during the weekends and on the last day of school because she already missed school?
So hopefully this explains why we were gone for seven whole months. So now you just have to stay tuned, because we’re back!
Every so often, we watch movies together – sometimes at home and sometimes at the theater. When we watch movies together, we will review them and rate them on a scale from one to five cookies with five, naturally, being the best.
Olivia: I had been waiting to see this movie since it came out. It was MUCH better than I expected. When it ended my eyes were red ( from crying ) 😦 The movie was beyond spectacular. I enjoyed it more than I enjoyed the original Cinderella. Now here is what I thought of the movie. If you’ve seen it, then you know of the Frozen short before the movie. It is sooo cute!!! Then the movie started. Right at the beginning I knew it was going to be a great movie! I loved all the emotion in the movie. It was all very exciting. Everything flowed together. It is one of my favorite movies. Watching it compared to the original is just so different. It was very touching and all the characters seemed to bond so well. All the actors who played characters looked so much like I expected their characters to look. Everything was perfect in this movie. I repeat perfect. I think they casted it so well. I give it 5 out of 5 ” cookies ”
Julie: So, the last three times (including this time) I’ve ventured to the theater to see a movie, there is something physically wrong with the actual playing of the movie. So, the fact that the movie actually played already made it a winner in my book. The Frozen short before the movie was adorable, and I’m glad Olivia made it back from the rest room to catch at least part of it.
Olivia isn’t kidding. Cinderella was a really good movie. I definitely give it two thumbs up. Despite the fact that I cried from beginning to end (yes, I cry at EVERY movie – except Spongebob Sponge Out of Water and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles so far), the movie was sweet, Cinderella was well cast, the Prince was cute, the rats were okay and the movie played out just as I had suspected. Truthfully, the only thing that was tough for me was Cate Blanchett as the evil stepmother. She is far too beautiful to be the evil stepmother. I mean, come on…I am a stepmother and not evil at all, and I don’t even come close to looking that good on my best day.
So on our scale of one to five cookies, I give Cinderella a full five chocolate chip cookies (mmmm. My favs.)
Welcome to our blog. Thought it would be fun for you to get to know us a little more.
Random facts about Olivia, with commentary in orange italics by Julie:
- I ❤ anything PINK and SPARKLY!!! Truth.
- Books are life. My favorite book is Dead City. Check it out here! Who knew?
- I ❤ ❤ ❤ theater soooo much. She is a drama queen;)
- One of my favorite TV shows is Gravity Falls!!! Truth, but I’m not sure why.
- Music rocks! My favorite song is Carol of the Bells. What? I thought it was Moves Like Jagger
- Starbucks is life! She also has expensive taste.
- I LOVE YouTube. Hmmmm, and hopes to have her own YouTube channel one day.
- I am really cool at school 🙂 Really? I would prefer to see, “I’m really nerdy at school.”
- I love fashion it is so cool I love making dresses. 😛 Grammar?
- I am so random! see 😛 😛 😛 😛 😛 😛 😛 TRUTH!
- I am obsessed with fairy tales. “If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.” – Albert Einstein
- I love owls… AND cookies. Now you know who named this site… If you still don’t know it’s me! Hey, I’ve loved owls and cookies at least 34 years longer than you have…
- Cupcakes RULE! My favorite cupcakes are red velvet with cream cheese frosting. YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😀 Red velvet, really?
- Rainbows Rock! RED ORANGE YELLOW GREEN BLUE INDIGO VIOLET a.k.a ROYGBIV 🙂 And, she is smart in science, too!
- PINK FLUFFY UNICORNS DANCING ON RAINBOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! told you I’m random I do like unicorns. I’ve got nothing….
This is all of mine! If you want more comment!
Random facts about Julie… with commentary from Olivia in purple italics
- I am a marketing genius. she is indeed
- I love grammar – thanks, Aunt Berkie! I on the other hand am not
- I don’t love exclamation points
!!!!! I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- I think Bradley Cooper and Maroon 5 are okay. That I agree with
- I love Starbucks, too, but I love Dunkin’ Donuts more. I still love Starbucks more
- I waste alot of time on Facebook and Pinterest. I don’t
- My favorite shows are Scandal, Chicago Fire, and Chicago PD. mom sometimes screams “EWWWW”
- Boston is my favorite city in the country. same
- I could eat pizza every day. #unhealthy
- I think Dogs are amazing, and if I didn’t have a husband to stop me, I would be a crazy dog lady.mommy hates cats
- Go SU…I bleed orange. I bleed red!
- Couldn’t live without my Apple products. I love my iphone and ipad, and am learning to love my Macbook Air.again same
- I love to dance in the living room with my kids to John Denver and Barry Manilow songs.taylor swift
- I am slightly obsessive and definitely type-A. opposite of that
- I always wanted to be a mom, so I could start a blog with my daughter:) I was the one who started it! :)\
Bonus fact: Olivia drives me crazy with her lack of grammar. EWWWW.
Other bonus fact: I love selfies, so prepare yourselves.
Hello world! I am creating a blog!!!! I am doing this with the help of my mom. IT IS GOING TO BE SO EXCITING!!! :):):)
Thank you for looking at my blog. It means so much to me :’) ( tears of joy ) I will write about my life and fun things not boring things like, ” I ate an apple today” I will try to make this fun for both you and me. So expect more things in the future and make sure to look because I assure you will regret it if you don’t